Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

**new Rule - No Posting Of 3rd Party Images, Links With The Intention Of Slander Or Bullying***, Please Read!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

**new Rule - No Posting Of 3rd Party Images, Links With The Intention Of Slander Or Bullying***, Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: **new Rule - No Posting Of 3rd Party Images, Links With The Intention Of Slander Or Bullying***, Please Read!   **new Rule - No Posting Of 3rd Party Images, Links With The Intention Of Slander Or Bullying***, Please Read! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm

An issue has recently come up about a post of a potentially unsafe tattooer and my decision to remove both a personal picture of the man and a link to his myspace account. I wanted to provide context to the rationale behind my decision.

One of the reasons for my decision was a recent case that of a woman who is being indicted for creating a fake myspace profile and "bullying" a girl, eventually leading to her suicide. Here's the Department of Justice's press release on the case: http://losangeles.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pres...la051508usa.htm

While I think what this woman did was reprehensible, I am not in the opinion that she should be criminally liable for the little girl's death. However, this case could potentially have disastrous implications for "anonymous" users and their culpability simply for something said online. Whether or not she is found guilty, and ultimately broke any laws remains to be seen. However, I wanted to address the issue and how it applies to this forum.

Similar to the rule about posting images of people without their permission, I strongly feel that posting the personal myspace address of someone without their consent for the sole purposes of challenging their credibility and to potentially evoke harassment is not something I, or this site condones. I am going to remove this post entirely and moving forward any post that is created for this purpose will be removed as well. I ask that members refrain from engaging in such behavior.

Thanks for your understanding.
Back to top Go down
https://bigdavebodyart.board-directory.net

**new Rule - No Posting Of 3rd Party Images, Links With The Intention Of Slander Or Bullying***, Please Read!
Page 1 of 1